Energy [OLD] - Meter not working
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
- If you think your meter is not measuring accurately you should report this to your supplier.
- Measurement Canada can test your meter for accuracy if you contact them (after contacting your supplier). Please note that they cannot deal with anything else relating to your bill.
- Your supplier may charge you if you don't pay your bill on time - even if you have submitted a complaint. Ensure you reach an agreement with them on this to avoid any late fees.
- If you've been incorrectly billed as a result of a meter failure or other technical error, the company may back bill you according to your estimated normal consumption. The company should be certain as to what went wrong and when it happened! If they aren't, they may not be able to provide you with an accurate estimate.
- If you're concerned about back billing and haven't been able to find a resolution with the company, you can escalate the matter to your province/city's energy regulator or ombudsman.
Ontario Energy Board
The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) is an independent regulatory body that protects consumers in Ontario's energy market.
The OEB makes decisions and rules to make sure consumers are treated fairly.
If you're unable to find a resolution with your energy provider, you can consider escalating the matter to the OEB. They will work with the energy provider to find you the best possible outcome.
Ombudsman Toronto investigate complaints and concerns about unfairness for the City of Toronto. This includes Toronto Hydro.
Ombudsman Toronto are an independent and impartial organisation.
We have 1,344 pages of rights advice for you covering 287 companies and organisations across 6 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.