Flights - Domestic and International (Canada) - Baggage delayed
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
Canadian domestic flights
- Airlines have an obligation to make sure your bag arrives at the same time as you.
- For domestic flights, you can claim a total of between $1,500 and $2,100 through Resolver for expenses caused by delayed baggage.
- You should include an itemized list breaking down your expenses – if you've had to replace anything, include it!
- Airlines have an obligation to make sure your bag arrives at the same time as you.If your baggage is delayed as a result of an airline's negligence or for any reason within their control, you should make a claim for compensation through Resolver.
- Make sure to include a list of expenses caused by the delay – including the cost of any items bought to replace what was in your delayed baggage. Airlines are allowed to ask you for proof.
- There may be a limit to the amount of compensation you can get, depending on the airline.
- If you're flying internationally or as part of a round trip from Canada, you're covered by the Montreal Convention. This piece of legislation allows you to claim up to $2,000 per passenger for lost, delayed or damaged packages.
We have 1,344 pages of rights advice for you covering 287 companies and organisations across 6 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.