TV - Channel(s) not accessible

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

  • If you find that any part of the service you're receiving isn't as expected, you should contact your service provider via Resolver as soon as possible to let them know.
  • If the channels are missing as part of an error made by your service provider, you should expect them to correct the mistake as soon as possible.
  • You may be refunded the price difference between the service you paid for and the service you received (if the service you've been getting is a cheaper service). This depends on your service provider's policy, though – although it's worth noting that you can always go to the CCTS if you're unhappy with their decision.
  • You're entitled to get what you're paying for – and the service you receive should match up to what was advertised.
  • Any promotional materials used by your service provider have to be accurate and up-to-date.
  • If you think the service you're getting doesn't match the offer you signed up for, you should raise a complaint via Resolver.
  • If your service provider can't resolve the matter for you, you can consider taking your case to the CCTS. They may recommend that the service provider honour the original offer.
You should know

CCTS – Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services

The CCTS is an independent organization that handles complaints about telecoms and television services in Canada.

If the service provider you’re raising a complaint about can’t resolve the matter for you, you can escalate your case to the CCTS. If the CCTS accepts your complaint, they’ll consider your case and issue a recommendation.

Either you or the service provider can reject the recommendation if you aren’t happy with it. The CCTS will then consider your reasons for rejecting the recommendation and issue a final decision on the matter.

The final decision is binding on the service provider but not on you – meaning you can still reject it at any point. 

CRTC – Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications 

The CRTC is the independent public authority that’s in charge of regulating and supervising Canadian telecoms and TV services. Generally speaking, the CRTC makes high level decisions about the sector.

The majority of complaints should go through the CCTS, who can make recommendations and decisions on specific cases. The CRTC will take note of broader issues and come up with new rules to promote a fairer environment for consumers.

I’ve made a case via Resolver… How long should I wait for a reply?

This depends on the company in question, but your case shouldn’t go longer than a week without being acknowledged by a company.

If a week passes and you haven’t had a response, you should send a follow-up message via Resolver.

The Television Service Provider Code

The Television Service Provider Code was set out by the CRTC to regulate the way broadcasting organisations interact with consumers. It’s similar to the Wireless Code, in that it sets out a whole range of requirements concerning clear language, cancellation fees, service outages and disconnection. Basically, your contract has to set out everything in a clear and easy-to-understand format.

PAD – Pre-Authorized Debit

If you’re paying via PAD, you’ll have some protection from unauthorized transactions. Anyone taking money via PAD has to have a reimbursement statement in their agreement, gicing you the right to receive reimbursement for any unauthorized debit or debit that isn’t consistent with the PAD (for example, a payment for an incorrect amount).

Generally speaking, you’ve got 90 days from the date of the withdrawal to report an incorrect or unauthorized PAD.

Find the best rights for you

We have 1,264 pages of rights advice for you covering 286 companies and organisations across 6 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Channel(s) not accessible

Resolver covers the issue Channel(S) Not Accessible for 4 companies and organisations:

a   b  c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s  t  u   v   w   x   y   z